As we age we may find it harder to get around; our bones and joints simply don’t work as well as they once did. It doesn’t have to be this way; just look to 96 year old Ida Herbert (that’s her on the left)!
At the age of 96, she now holds the Guinness World Record as the world’s oldest yoga teacher. She’s been practicing yoga since the age of 50 (so don’t think you’re too old to get started). She credits the practice with her extraordinary health and youthful appearance. What I notice from the picture is her amazing flexibility; when was the last time you saw a 96 year old do that?!
It’s long been known that chiropractic and yoga can work in harmony to increase proper posture, range of motion and flexibility. I find that my patients who practice yoga are stronger and manage stress particularly well! This inspired me to begin offering yoga in our office this year!
We’re kicking off our series on Tuesday, January 8, 2013. The series is open to all levels of practice and abilities. Each class will focus on an exploration of yoga poses and how to connect them through attention to breathing, alignment and mindfulness. It was also important to me that each session be affordable. I want everyone to have the opportunity to receive the health benefits a yoga practice can provide. You can’t beat the cost (and value) of these sessions… only $8 per class!
Attendees will learn techniques to help them gain flexibility, in addition to experiencing a vibrant workout! Meditation and relaxation techniques will also be introduced throughout the series, making it perfect for stress relief, fitness, stamina and overall well-being.
This series was designed with these people in mind…
- Busy and stressed moms; you need this one night a week to focus on you!
- Beginners; this is your chance to experience yoga in a small group with one-on-one attention.
- People who “feel” age creeping up; regardless of whether you’re 29 or 49, if you feel “old” and have noticed your body weakening, losing flexibility, and having bouts of pain and stiffness, this is your chance to turn back the hands of time.
- Moms and daughters; this is a great opportunity to spend time together, while encouraging each other to maintain your health and well-being. So, moms bring your daughters…daughters, bring your moms!
- Those looking to explore yoga for fitness; yes, you’ll learn proper breathing and relaxation, but these sessions are designed to be a workout, too!
- Yogi’s looking to expand their abilities; our instructor can guide you and offer new poses that will take you to the next level.
These classes are open to everyone; you do not need to be a patient of our office to attend. We invite you to join us for one, two, or all twelve classes! Just one note; space is limited and to reserve your spot we’re asking all attendees to be paid and registered by noon on the Tuesday of the class.
Tuesdays from January 8 through March 28, 2013
6:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Healing Touch Chiropractic
45 21st Avenue E, Unit D, West Fargo
ONLY $8.00 per class!
More information and registration details can be found by following the link below.